Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial video for how to draw a Valentine Gnome and a Valentine Gnome Coloring Page. It could be the start of a very cute Valentine card.
Valentine Gnome Video Tutorial
If your students enjoy drawing simple, cute made-up creatures, then they might really enjoy this How to Draw a Valentine Gnome lesson. It mixes this mythical person with a very sweet holiday, which could result in all kinds of Valentine card drawings. The shapes are all pretty easy to draw, and there is only a little bit of layering, so students as young as second grade or so will probably enjoy trying this out. It’s always fun to draw something sweet and colorful and creative this time of year!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Valentine Gnome Coloring Page
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Drawing Paper. Don’t substitute it with copy paper or construction paper. The surface will get fuzzy, erasing might cause holes, and the colors will generally not look as bright.
- Stabilo Markers. The large pack provides lots of fun color choices, several shades of each color, including a few choices for skin. The tips are perfect for coloring, and there’s even a promise that they will work after being uncapped for 8 weeks!
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips. Stabilo Markers. They have the best colors, the best tips, and last the longest.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent markers are great for making a crisp outline to your drawing. Use them when you want your outline show up, but not be so heavy that it detracts from other things.
Time needed: 45 minutes
Easy Valentine Gnome Drawing Step by Step
- Draw a large circle nose.
- Add a hat on top.
- Draw a large beard below it.
- Add a shirt below the beard.
- Draw two legs with shoes below.
- Add one bend arm and one on the side.
- Erase the lines inside the left arm.
- Erase the lines inside the heart.
- Trace with a marker and color.