This step by step tutorial will teach you how to draw an Ornithomimus, one of your more unusual looking dinosaurs.
While it may look a bit goofy, the Ornithomimus roamed the planet over 75 million years ago. You can choose to shade in some places to really make this extinct dinosaur come to life right on the page.
Ornithomimus was a dinosaur which looked very much like an ostrich. It had a toothless beak, a long neck but small head, big eyes and long legs. It was about 12 feet long, 6 feet tall and probably weighed around 300 pounds.
- Ornithomimus Tutorial (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw an Ornithomimus
- Make guidelines. Draw an oval.
- Attach a neck.
- Add the head.
- Add a tail and neck details.
- Start the tops of the legs.
- Finish the legs and feet.
- Draw two front arms.
- Draw an interesting background.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.