If you are interested in learning how to draw simple buildings, then this French cafe is right up their alley. It has a fun, friendly look to it.
My experience has been that students LOVE to draw old fashioned doors and awnings, so this is bound to capture their attention.
- Download French Cafe PDF template
- Multimedia paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Tempera cake paints
- Prep: Print or fold paper to make guide lines.
- Students follow the Cafe tutorial to draw the shop.
- The drawing is traced with a black Sharpie.
- The drawing is painted with tempera paints. It’s best to keep the building colors dark and bold and the sky a more watery blue for contrast.