Here’s how to draw a baby chick. You can add a cartoon twist with that large and expressive eye.
I recommend finding some kind of circle to trace for the head. A bowl, roll of masking tape, anything to get it round and centered on the paper. Circles are some of the hardest shapes to first draw, and students often spend so much time trying to make them look “right” that they miss time to finish their drawing.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAWING PROJECT IDEAS?
There are 200 fun and easy drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my giant How To Draw ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more. Just click on the book or title to learn more.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Chick
- Make guidelines. Draw a large circle.
- Draw the body below.
- Erase the neck line, add a beak.
- Erase the inside line. Add beak, and eye.
- Draw the inside of the eye.
- Finish the face, and add two wings.
- Finish the wings and add two feet.
- Draw a background and the sun.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.