Here’s how to draw a baby chick, with kind of a cartoon twist. The large simple shapes and cutesy eye makes it fun for young artists.
I recommend finding some kind of circle to trace for the head. A bowl, roll of masking tape, anything to get it round and centered on the paper. Circles are some of the hardest shapes to first draw, and students often spend so much time trying to make them look “right” that they miss time to finish their drawing.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- View and download Baby Chick Tutorial
- Black marker
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Follow the tutorial to draw the baby chick in pencil.
- Trace the baby chick with a black marker.
- Color the chick carefully with crayons.