Now you can learn how to draw a baboon, the world’s largest monkey, with an easy step by step tutorial. They have a look that is all their own.
So it may have been awhile since you wondered how to draw a baboon. BUT, if you are working through the alphabet of animal drawings, and happen to be stuck on the letter “Y”, then this my friend, is also known as a YELLOW Baboon. Problem solved.
Aside from their name, I like the fact that Yellow Baboons are said to have large social families and actually don’t like to fight. They would instead rather just stare each other down. That sounds like a pretty good alternative to me.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Baboon
- Draw the round head. Add a face shape inside.
- Fill in the head with the eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- Draw the belly shape as shown.
- Attach one front and one back leg to the belly.
- Draw the two remaining legs on the back side.
- Add a tail that bends on the back side.
- Erase the gray lines. Draw lots of grass in the background.
- Add tree branches where ever you have some space.
- Trace with a marker and color your Yellow Baboon.