Learn how to draw an Indri with this easy step by step tutorial. They are actually very large lemurs.
The indri, also called the babakoto, is one of the largest living lemurs. It has a black and white coat and maintains an upright posture when climbing or clinging.
This tutorial will show students how to draw one in a sitting position, so you can see all his cool black and white patterning. They kind of look like a monkey crossed with a panda bear, if you ask me, and unfortunately, are on the critically endangered list in Madagascar.
Here’s hoping a tutorial can help students bring a little more awareness to these adorable animals.
- How to Draw an Indri (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw an Indri
- Draw a head on the center line.
- Add body below.
- Draw one bent arm.
- Add hand and front bent leg.
- Add back bent leg.
- Add feet and curved markings.
- Add fluffy ears, eyes, nose. Erase inside lines.
- Draw fingers and ground line.
- Trace with a marker and color.