Learn how to draw an Owl Face with this easy step by step tutorial. The close up view lets you add lots of fun details.
The great thing about drawing an owl face, really close up, is that you have much more room to draw all those wonderful details. The sprig of feathers that look like brows, the many rings of color around the eyes, and even an easy place to try those little white shiny spots that add a twinkle to any eye.
All those details and lots of color options (white, grey and brown and more) will probably create a room full of owls where no two are at all alike.
- Draw an Owl Face (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw an Owl Face
- Draw the nose.
- Add the symmetrical brow shapes.
- Connect the top and draw two cheeks.
- Add smaller curves inside.
- Draw smaller circles inside.
- Add two smaller circles with spots inside.
- Draw the two wings.
- Erase the grey and add spots.
- Trace with a marker and color.