Here’s how to draw a seagull, and have him fill up the paper. All you need to do is turn his head so his beak is actually over his back.
You can use this turned head position with any bird, especially those with long beaks. It’s a small detail, but makes a nice composition, and adds a bit of layering if you also add the fish coming down from the beak.
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Seagull
- Make guidelines. Draw the head.
- Start the back.
- Draw the bottom belly.
- Add a wing and lines. Draw two feet.
- Draw an eye and beak.
- Draw a fish in the beak and erase inside line.
- Draw sand line and water.
- Add clouds in the sky.
- Trace with a marker and color.