Here’s how to draw a seagull, and have him fill up the paper. All you need to do is turn his head so his beak is actually over his back.
You can use this turned head position with any bird, especially those with long beaks. It’s a small detail, but makes a nice composition, and adds a bit of layering if you also add the fish coming down from the beak.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- View and download Seagull Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Sharpie black marker
- Fold the paper in half twice to make crease guidelines.
- Draw the seagull according to the 8 steps shown.
- Trace the drawing with a black Sharpie.
- Color the bird and background with crayons.