Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Duck and a Duck Coloring Page. Be sure to follow these colors to make him look like a real mallard.
This how to draw a duck tutorial shows how to draw a large cute eye with a small highlight spot. It’s one of those details that cartoon artists like to add, and young artists might like to try out.
Sometimes it’s fun to mix a bit of realism with a cartoon flourish or two. When students learn how to draw a duck, like this mallard, they can learn about all the shapes and colors of these birds, but have a little bit of fun with the eyes too.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Duck Coloring Page
Materials for Duck Project
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
How to Draw a Duck Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour
Draw an Easy Duck
- Make the guidelines. Draw a line.
- Add the wing curve.
- Start the head.
- Finish the neck and tail.
- Draw a water line.
- Add the beak.
- Draw the eye.
- Add body and wing details.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.