Here’s how to draw an X-Ray fish, which are transparent, but occasionally gold and silver too. Use a metallic marker and crayon to get this shimmery look.
If you’re working your way through the alphabet, then I wanted to offer “X” solution with this X-Ray fish lesson. Turns out these guys go by lots of different names, but most often the x-ray one because of their transparent bodies.
In real life, I think you can see their body organs too, but that sounds kind of messy and complicated. Why not just concentrate on their silvery look with the help of a silver metallic marker around some bright crayon color. It’s a nice change from the usual black, and adds a bit of sparkle too.
- Draw an X-Ray Fish PDF (click to download)
- Drawing paper
- Metallic markers
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw an X-Ray Fish
- Draw the eye-shaped body.
- Add a tail.
- Draw some fins and a face line.
- Draw the center backbone.
- Add small bones on either side.
- Draw a mouth and large eye.
- Add lines to the tail. Draw the sand line.
- Add rocks, plants and bubbles.
- Trace with metallic markers and color with crayons.