1st Grade | 2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Coloring Page | Crayons | Earth Day | Kindergarten | Oil Pastel | Spring Drawings
Heart Earth Drawing as a Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an Heart Earth Drawing Coloring Page. The simple shapes leave all kinds of coloring possibilities.
This new coloring page that features the earth drawn as a heart could be colored as desired with student’s favorite media of choice — or it could be turned into a really pretty scratch art picture!
This one was made with oil pastels, and the process is pretty simple. The inside is colored as shown, with blue and green. But the outside is made of TWO layers of pastel. I used a light blue first, then colored a solid layer of purple on top. The texture comes from using something semi-sharp and scratching a design out from the top layer.
If you choose to try this out, here are a couple of pointers:
- Use heavy paper so it can hold up to the scratching. Card stock is great.
- The oil pastels really need to be extra soft, like this Portfolio brand, so the colors will easily scratch off
- Beware that this is a fun project, but it does get messy fast, with all the pastel shavings.
- All kinds of simple tools work well for scratching. Pencils with broken tips, paper clips, you name it.
Use the Button below to Download
Materials for Hearth Earth Scratch Art
- Oil Pastels. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions for Heart Earth Drawing Scratch Art
How to make a Scratch Art drawing
- Color in the land areas with an oil pastel.
- Color in the ocean.
- Fill in the background with a thick layer of pastel.
- Add another layer of oil pastel on top. Press hard to make it thick!
- Use a stylus or another semi-sharp stick to scratch away the top layer of color.