My goal for this Sonia Delaunay Circle project was to have the students learn that if they used repeating shapes and colors in their art, they could create a very rhythmic picture.
Try limiting students to six or so marker colors so that they are forced to repeat them fairly often.
• Transparent circle stencils, Laurie Speltz, The Creative Coach, who offers a teacher discount
• Finger Paint paper, recommended for it’s glossy finish
• Sharpie Markers, fine tip
2. With a ruler, they draw a line through the center dots.
3. More circles may be traced and added inside and out, but always centering them as neatly as possible.
4. The art is colored with Sharpie markers. I had some coated white paper that really made the markers glide on. Remind the students that they are to have repeating colors. Each marker was to be used in at least 3 different places to help create color harmony.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.