Learn how to draw a trophy, just in time to make a fun Father’s Day card. A little bit of shading makes it pop off the page!
Trophies come in all shapes and sizes, but the classic version tends to look something like this one. A cup of some sort, with handles, standing on a platform with a plate that bears a message. This tutorial is meant to be flexible for all sorts of celebrations, so it gives some advice on how students can draw the shape and add some shadows, but the message is completely up to the them.
Not sure what to write? A quick Google search brought up a few ideas to help.
- Legends of Fame Father’s Day Trophy
- Father of the Year
- Number One Dad
- Most Valuable Dad Award
Note: If you like these colors, they are still made with crayons. You just need one of the larger packs from Crayola® to get that gold color that makes this such a pretty drawing.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Materials for a Trophy Drawing
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions to Draw a Trophy Step by Step
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Trophy
- Draw a rectangle base.
- Add another rectangle on top.
- Draw the base of the trophy.
- Draw the right side of the cup of the trophy.
- Draw the left side of the cup.
- Add a handle on the right.
- Draw a symmetrical handle on the left. Add a plate.
- Trace and color the shadows with a dark brown.
- Add gold on top and brown for the wood.