Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step video tutorial for how to make a Kandinsky Inspired Art Project. My favorite markers and a mini canvas make it amazingly quick and easy!
Kandinsky Mini Canvas Video Tutorial
Wassily Kandinsky (1866-1944) was a Russian painting and is most often credited as a pioneer in abstract art. This Kandinsky inspired art project shows students how they can his idea of a simple colorful diamond as the basis for a really easy, yet beautiful painting. Using a few special supplies, like mini easels that can be found on the internet, and brush Sharpie markers, can make some really special mini works of art.
Materials for Mini Kandinsky Art Project
- Mini Canvas*
- Brush Sharpie markers*
- Mini Popsicle Easel, made from from my Popsicle Stick Tutorial
- *denote affiliate links
Directions for Mini Kandinsky Painting
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to make a Kandinsky painting with markers
- Draw center lines lightly with a pencil.
- Draw a triangle in the corner with the brush marker and fill in.
- Choose a new color and make another triangle.
- Une another marker color and draw another triangle. It’s actually good if the colors bleed, it will look more like a painting.
- Choose another color and finish the diamond shape.
- Start to make the diamond grow by adding bars on each side. Try to make some thick and some thin. Repeat this until you reach the edges.
- When your diamond is as large as can be, fill in the corners with a final color. Smear a few edges a bit too, just for fun.
- Display your mini masterpiece of a popsicle stick easel and have a mini art show!