Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Hamster and a Hamster Coloring Page. A step by step tutorial will show how to get all those hamster features just right.
Drawing of a Hamster
A few key features will keep your animal drawing looking like a hamster. The large head and eyes, fat plump body, and short tail will all add up to something that looks just like an adorable hamster. The step by step tutorial that you can download below will help children of all ages do just that.
Hamsters may be small, but as friendly little pets they sure have big hearts. They are one of the most popular small animal pets for both children and adults.
A few fun facts about hamsters is that some can grow to be 13″ long, others as short as 2″, and they are known to love to exercise. (Hence the hamster wheels!) Male hamsters are called boars, female are called sows and baby hamsters pups.
Save me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Hamster Coloring Page
Materials for Hamster Project
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for Hamster Project
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw a Hamster
- Draw a large oval for the head shape.
- Add two oval eyes with spots.
- Start the two outside ear shapes.
- Draw the inside ear details.
- Add the nose and fur line.
- Draw the body shape to the side.
- Add the legs, foot and tail.
- Draw the fur line and grass.
- Trace with a marker and color.