Here’s a solar eclipse art project that is easy for all ages and good shading practice. Love it when science and art work together.
- Astrobright cardstock paper (found mine at Staples)*
- Old yogurt cup for tracing
- Scrap cardstock paper (for cut circle)
- Masking tape
- Chalk pastel
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Draw a Solar Eclipse
- Trace a circle to make a template. Add tape to the back.
- Stick circle to center of black paper. Color half with yellow chalk pastel.
- Blend in chalk with fingers.
- Color with red pastel chalk on the other side.
- Blend the colors with your fingers.
- Make a white ring with white chalk pastel.
- Blend with your fingers.
- Add another thin band of white around the circle for emphasis.
- Remove the taped circle and enjoy your eclipse art!