Here’s a solar eclipse art project that is easy for all ages and good shading practice. Love it when science and art work together.
- Astrobright cardstock paper (found mine at Staples)
- Old yogurt cup for tracing
- Scrap cardstock paper (for cut circle)
- Masking tape
- Chalk pastel
1. Trace circle with cup, cut out. Apply a roll of masking tape to the back.
2. Stick circle to center of black paper. Color half with yellow chalk pastel.
3. Blend in chalk with fingers.
4. Color with red pastel chalk on the other side, blend with fingers.
5. Make a white ring with white chalk pastel.
6. Blend in white ring with your fingers.
7. Add another thin band of white around the circle for emphasis.
8. Remove the taped circle and enjoy your eclipse art!