Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw an Alpaca and an Alpaca Coloring Page. You can add a fancy blanket and and bell for some extra color.
Learning how to draw an Alpaca is not particularly complicated, and the face with the extra long eyelashes always a cute touch. Add the fact that they have humans taking care of them, adding blankets and bells and so on, and you have the makings of a really cute drawing.
Did you know that there are no wild alpacas? Every alpaca belongs to a farmer, who raises them so that their wool can be made into clothing. Many are kept in herds in South American countries, usually high up in the Andes Mountains.
To take things up a notch, students could learn more about their habitat and perhaps draw customize the background a bit more. There’s nothing like drawing the surroundings of an animal to remember more about them, and where they come from.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this free tutorial!
Alpaca Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw an Alpaca
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for How to Draw an Alpaca
Time needed: 1 hour
How to Draw an Alpaca
- Make guidelines. Start lower body.
- Continue top of back.
- Add head shape.
- Add back legs and feet.
- Draw ears and face.
- Add a tail, blanket and bell.
- Decorate the blanket.
- Add a horizon and sky.
- Trace with a marker and color.