How to draw a dragon tutorials are often too complicated for young artists. Here are a few new tutorials to fix that.
Your drawing may of course be completed however you like, but I recommend that you try coloring your dragon with two values of whatever color you choose. Press hard to get a darker color for the top of the head and neck, and then a lighter for the underside belly. The overall look will create a blended look, just like to pros create!
- Draw a Dragon PDF (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Draw a Dragon
- Draw a sideways “V” for the open mouth.
- Add crocodile-looking jaws around it.
- Draw top of the body.
- Add the bottom of the body.
- Add arm and leg and claws.
- Draw belly line, horn, teeth and eye.
- Add belly texture lines.
- Finish with back spikes and fire. Add clouds.
- Trace with marker and color.