Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for an easy drawing project for kids. It’s perfect for those just learning how to draw.
Looking for a good project for those learning how to draw? This one is perfect, especially if you can offer some kind of tool to for tracing nice round circles. My favorite classroom trick was to use a roll of masking tape. They are easy to hold, have a weight to them, and the tacky sides keep them from slipping.
You can add a little color lesson to this drawing by asking students to fill the two outside birds in a primary color, and then the middle with the resulting secondary one. Making up those colors on the spot with paint, would probably be the most fun, but filling in with crayons is fine too. Any manual coloring of the birds will help students learn and remember more about them.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
How to Draw a Super Easy Birds Materials
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions to Draw Easy Birds
Time needed: 45 minutes
Easy Drawing for Kids
- Look Right Bird. Draw the eyes, beak, tail, wing and legs.
- Look Left Bird. Draw the eyes, beak, tail, wing and legs.
- Top View Bird. Draw the beak, eyes, tail, wings and tail.
- Look Down Left Bird. Draw the eyes, beak, tail, wing and legs.
- Looking Down Right Bird. Draw the eyes, beak, tail, wing and legs.