Learn how to draw an ice cream cone that has the fun swirly color and a textured cone. This tutorial will break it down into nine easy steps.
If students first learned how to draw an ice cream cone with a triangle and stacked circles on top — that’s certainly not a bad way to start. After all, when they are just trying to figure out how to make a pencil do what they want, perfecting simple shapes is all they really need to be concerned about.
But at a certain point, some may be ready to draw something a little more complex … AND maybe a little more yummy looking? Especially if they are into the fun look of soft ice cream.
So instead of the usual waffle cone and hard scoops on top, here’s how you can draw a standing cone with a soft swirl and curly tip. It’s not that hard, if you just take it one step at a time.
- Draw an Ice Cream Cone (click for a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw an Ice Cream Cone
- Draw the top of the cone.
- Add the bottom of the cone below.
- Draw the texture by adding lines inside.
- Draw the left side of the ice cream, with four bumps.
- Add the swirl tip on the top.
- Draw the right side of the ice cream, also with four bumps.
- Connect the sides with three horizontal lines.
- Add the inside divider lines of the flavors.
- Trace with a marker and color.