For a cat drawing step by step tutorial, it doesn’t get much easier, or creative, than making one in the style of an artist named Laurel Burch.
She was not only an incredible artist, but overcame a tumultuous upbringing, learned to live with a debilitating bone disease, started her own business, and broke barriers in the male dominated business world. Love it when great life messages can be intertwined with fun projects, and Laurel’s famous cats do just that. The shapes are simple and leave plenty of room to get creative.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- Laurel Burch Cat PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Oil pastels or crayons
- Fold the paper in half twice to get the guidelines shown in my tutorial.
- Draw the Laurel Burch cat according to the tutorial.
- Trace the cat drawing with a black marker.
- Color the cat creatively with oil pastels or crayons.
ANOTHER LAUREL BURCH PROJECT OPTION
A Laurel Burch cats art lesson can look extra spectacular if you use metallic markers on black paper. The darker the paper, the better.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- NOTE: For my kinders, consider making a head template to trace to get them started. It really helped to get everyone to draw a cat that filled their paper.
- Follow the tutorial share above.
- The cat drawing was traced with a marker, and then lots of patterns were filled inside. I don’t know who enjoyed the results more today, the students or their teachers.