Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best, like just learning how to draw a witch hat, instead of an entire witch. Especially if you are just 6 years old or so.
- Watercolor paper (I use Strathmore paper for special classes)
- Black Sharpie marker
- Liquid watercolor paint
- Draw a large upside down V for the hat, with a fold at the top. Connect the ends with a curve. Add another curve for the band, and an oval for the rim. Buckle is optional.
- Trace the hat with a Sharpie marker.
- Add colorful designs with a crayon, both on the hat and in the background.
- Paint all the areas as desired.
Thanks to Ryan, (just a kinder!) who is letting me share his beautiful witch hat.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.