Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for a Grinch Hand Drawing Tutorial Video and Grinch Hand Coloring Page. Learn how to get those pointy fingers looking just like they do in the movie!
Grinch Hand Drawing
Grinch Hand Video Tutorial
Draw the Grinch Hand in One Minute
Drawing the Grinch Hand
Learning how to draw the Grinch hand can come in handy during the holidays as his fingers are so distinctive. All you need to do is get those curvy and pointy shapes in place, color them a bright green, and then you can use them all kinds of ways to hold on to fun holiday things.
“How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” is a television animated special that was originally aired on CBS on December 18, 1966. The film was directed and co-produced by the legendary animator Chuck Jones. It was based on the Dr. Seuss book of the same name. The film tells the story of the Grinch trying to take away Christmas from the townsfolk of Whoville.
During the movie, the Grinch experiences a profound, magical change. He doesn’t do it alone, but the message is clear, people can change.
Subscribe to “The Daily Draw” below to get this free PDF Tutorial
Grinch Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes
Draw the Grinch Hand
- Draw the sleeve edge as shown.
- Start the wrist with a curve.
- Add the forefinger below.
- Continue to draw the thumb shape.
- Finish the thumb.
- Add the fist pointy finger.
Erase the line inside the hand.
- Add two more fingers.
- Finish with an ornament below.
- Trace with marker and color.