Learn how to draw a snake that is easy for kids of all ages. This step by step tutorial has him stacked in a coil for a different look.
Drawing a snake that is wrapped up in a neat coil may sound like something that is tricky to draw, until you realize that it just takes a few straight and curved lines to achieve that look. It’s all in your point of view!
TIP: This is also a great crayon rubbing project. The wound up snake body is easy to fill, and perfect for creating some “skin”. No need for fancy rubbing plates either, this snake was rubbed with a brown crayon over a plastic mesh placemat, and then filled in with extra peach. Don’t forget, TEXTURE is one of the Elements of Art.
- Draw a Coiled Snake (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Coiled Snake
- Draw a center line as shown.
- Add three longer lines below.
- Connect the left with curves.
- Start the right with two curves.
- Draw the neck.
- Add the head.
- Draw the face, add the tail end.
- Add a background and sky.
- Trace with marker and color.