Learn how to draw a cow face, and then change the proportions a bit to make one that looks like he’s about to sniff you. A cute and educational project.
When it comes to including valuable lessons in drawing projects, I’m fond of making Elements of Art and Principles of Design connections whenever possible. They help students talk about art with more detail, which is always a good thing.
One of the Principles is “Proportion” which is a little trickier to find examples of. This cow drawing though, is perfect as the extra large nose and elongated face make him look like he’s about to lick you, which is kind of a cool trick.
The PDF tutorial below has extra guides for students that are working at home on their own these days. Note: Do try to do this on a narrower sheet of paper or my included template as it will help create the l-o-n-g face look.
- Draw a Cow Face PDF Tutorial*
- Drawing paper*
- Markers, I used the Stabilo brand*
- Black Sharpie, fine tip*
*The above product links are a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Cow Face
- Draw the nose with rounded corners.
- Add a lip underneath.
- Add two large nostrils.
- Draw the outline of the head, with round corners.
- Add two eyes that bulge out a bit.
- Erase the inside eye lines. Add lashes.
- Draw the two ears that go off the page.
- Add inside ear line and body lines.
- Trace with a black marker and color.