Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Diwali Lamp and a Diwali Lamp Coloring Page. The popular festival starts on Oct. 24, and is India’s biggest and most important holiday of the year.
Now students can learn how to draw a Diwali lamp, with the help of a step by step tutorial. If they start out with a graceful hand, and add the lamp behind it, they will have a drawing that they can customize themselves. Lamp colors and patterns, and jewelry on the arm will all add to a fun and colorful drawing!
Diwali is a festival of lights that celebrates the triumph of light over darkness, and the ability of human good to overcome evil. The festival is associated with Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth, prosperity and good fortune and is customarily celebrated for five days. Drawing a Diwali lamp is a fun and easy way for students to learn more about this important holiday in India.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Diwali Lamp Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw a Diwali Lamp
Time needed: 45 minutes.
Step by step tutorial for a Diwali Lamp
- Start the hand with a gentle curve.
- Add the thumb and start the finger.
- Finish the finger and the wrist.
- Draw the lamp behind the hand.
- Add a flame above the lamp.
- Draw a ring around the flame.
- Add another ring around the flame.
- Finish the drawing with radial lines and bracelets on the arm
- Trace the drawing with a marker and color with crayons.