Learn how to draw a Cow that looks pretty real, not to mention cute, with this easy step-by-step tutorial.
So this is not your kindergarten cow, which tends to be more basic and use lots of straight lines for the body and legs. This tutorial has a lot more detail going on, and is for those looking to see how to draw all the cute features they may be familiar with, but are not certain of where and how to draw them.
The process is the same, namely starting with a pear-shaped head and rectangular-ish body, but then include a few more details. The placement of the eyes, and the foreshortened legs give her some dimension that a few squares and rectangles never could.
- How to Draw a Cow (click for a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to Draw a Cow
- Draw a head shape and body as shown.
- Add the nose and the mouth.
- Draw the eyes and a large spot around it.
- Add two large ears.
- Draw horns and splash of hair. Erase Lines.
- Draw front and back leg. Erase lines.
- Add the other two legs, udder, tail. Erase lines.
- Draw spots and a background.
- Trace with marker and color.