Learn how to draw Godzilla with this easy step by step tutorial. His ferocious details are simplified a bit so younger fans can draw him too.
Drawing a classic version of Godzilla has usually been saved for older artists, unless of course you simplify him to death for younger ones. What’s the point though of drawing a fierce monster that in the end looks more like a generic dinosaur?
This tutorial starts with a simple oval, and then shows students how to add his roaring mouth, clawed hands, and very muscular legs and tail. Godzilla needs to have a very large, heavy, strong look if he is even going to have a chance to get through all those epic battles.
- Draw Godzilla (click to download PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Godzilla
- Draw an oval.
- Start the head as shown.
- Add the mouth and face details.
- Draw a tongue and two arms.
- Add finger details and a long tail.
- Attach two legs below.
- Add toe details and spikes on the back.
- Erase grey lines and add a skyline.
- Trace with marker and color.