Learn how to draw a tiger, (officially on the Endangered Animals list) with this easy step by step tutorial. The fun part is adding all those triangles!
This tutorial starts with a symmetrical face, and then adds an easy side view of the body. It will help students draw a nice, strong body form with legs, and leave lots of space for his famous stripes. No need to just turn them into a bunch of thick lines when lots of really thin triangles will look even more realistic.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Tiger
- Draw the round head and mouth.
- Add the nose line, eyes, and ears.
- Start the body shape to the side as shown.
- Attach one front and one back leg.
- Draw the two remaining legs. Erase the gray lines.
- Add a nice, thick tail.
- Draw LOTS of triangles, and stripes on the tail.
- Add a safari looking background.
- Trace with a marker and color.