Learn how to draw Martin Luther King with simple step-by-step instructions, to help celebrate the life of this amazing man.
This tutorial that shows how to draw Dr. Martin Luther King is designed to be simple enough for younger elementary students, but still keep the interest of the older ones too. The shapes are easy to draw, and those that want an extra challenge, shadows are easy to add too.
• Draw Martin Luther King PDF tutorial (click to open)
• Drawing or multimedia paper
• Sharpie, fine tip
• Sharpie, ultra fine tip
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Martin Luther King
- Make guidelines. Draw an oval.
- Draw the neck and shoulders.
- Draw two eyes.
- Add nose, mouth and ears.
- Add hairline over the top of his head.
- Lower the front hairline a bit, add moustache.
- Erase head line, and draw a collar.
- Add a tie and jacket. Write name at the top.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.