Learn how to draw Martin Luther King, Jr. with simple step-by-step instructions, to celebrate the life of this amazing man.
Martin Luther King, Jr., was a Baptist minister and social rights activist in the United States in the 1950s and ’60s. As a leader of the American civil rights movement, he organized a number of peaceful protests as head of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, including the March on Washington in 1963.
This Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. tutorial is designed to be simple enough for younger elementary students, but still keep the interest of the older ones too. The shapes are easy to draw, and those that want an extra challenge can always add some extra shadows to his face.
• Draw Martin Luther King Jr. PDF (see above)
• Drawing or multimedia paper
• Sharpie, fine tip
• Sharpie, ultra fine tip
Time needed: 1 hour.
300How to Draw Martin Luther King
- Make guidelines. Draw an oval.
- Draw the neck and shoulders.
- Draw two eyes.
- Add nose, mouth and ears.
- Add hairline over the top of his head.
- Lower the front hairline a bit, add moustache.
- Erase head line, and draw a collar.
- Add a tie and jacket. Write name at the top.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.