I created this Martin Luther King for kids project last year, but it needed a little tweaking. I hope it helps a few classrooms that are celebrating MLK Day.
Please note that the eyebrows are made by coloring heavier with crayons. Older students may find that a good way to add some shadows to Dr. Martin Luther King’s face too.
• Color print of Martin Luther King tutorial
• Drawing or Multimedia paper
• Sharpie marker, black, fine tip
• Sharpie marker, chisel tip
• Crayons or watercolor paint
PREP: Draw or print guidelines on paper
1. Students follow the tutorial to draw Martin Luther King.
2. The lines are traced with a fine tip Sharpie.
3. The black areas are colored in with a chisel tip Sharpie marker.
4. The face is colored brown, and the background any color desired.