Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Cartoon Chicken and a Cartoon Chicken Coloring Page. Simple shapes sometimes make the funniest faces.
In real life, chickens have lots of tiny, sometimes complex details. The feathers are often ruffled, the eyes and beaks are small with lots of different colors, and the feet are made from scaly-looking skin. So if your students want to draw a chicken because they like them, or maybe need one to go with a story, why not draw a cartoon version instead? All of a sudden the familiar shapes are big and round, and more importantly, fun to color. This tutorial is designed to help them do just that.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Cartoon Chicken Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Chicken Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw a Cartoon Chicken
- Start the chicken bdody.
- Add a head shape above.
- Draw a simple comb on top.
- Erase line and add beak.
- Draw two simple eyes.
- Erase line, add wing and tail.
- Erase line, add feet and barn.
- Draw a landscape and sky.
- Trace with marker and color.