Learn how to draw a cartoon chicken with a step by step tutorial. Simple shapes sometimes make the funniest faces.
In real life, chickens have lots of tiny, sometimes complex details. The feathers are often ruffled, the eyes and beaks are small with lots of different colors, and the feet are made from scaly-looking skin.
So if your students want to draw a chicken because they like them, or maybe need one to go with a story, why not draw a cartoon version? All of a sudden the familiar shapes are big and round, and more importantly, fun to color. This tutorial is designed to help them do just that.
- How to Draw a Cartoon Chicken (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Cartoon Chicken
- Start the chicken bdody.
- Add a head shape above.
- Draw a simple comb on top.
- Erase line and add beak.
- Draw two simple eyes.
- Erase line, add wing and tail.
- Erase line, add feet and barn.
- Draw a landscape and sky.
- Trace with marker and color.