Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Rose Tutorial Video and a Rose Coloring Page. Simple shapes makes it easy for young artists to draw.
How to Draw a Rose Tutorial Video
When it comes to drawing flowers, there’s nothing that shares the sentiment of love as much as a rose does. They have come to symbolize love like no other.
The only catch to drawing roses, is that they are not nearly as simple as say, a daisy, which has all its petals spread out and is pretty easy to see. Roses, whether looking at them in profile, or top view, have lovely irregularly wrapped petals that are trickier to draw.
One solution is to draw a rose that is still in bloom, so it has just a few petals, and keep an easy side view. The layered shapes are much easier to see and draw, and young artists can spend more time adding detail to their leaves.
Or turning this into a card and writing a really lovely message inside.
Join my Email List and download this tutorial instantly!
Rose Coloring Page
Another Easy Rose to Draw
Use the Button Below to Download this Tutorial
Easy Rose Coloring Page
Materials for a Rose Drawing
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Directions for Rose Drawing Step by Step
Time needed: 25 minutes.
How to Draw a Rose
- Draw the large right petal.
- Add the left petal behind the right.
- Draw the top of two more petals.
- Add the stem below the petals.
- Start the left leaves with the stem.
- Draw the leaves at each end,
- Start the right leaves with the stem.
- Draw the leaves at each end.
- Trace with marker and color.