Easy How to Draw Elf Shoes Tutorial Video and Elf Shoes Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial video for how to draw Elf Shoes and Elf Shoes Coloring Page. You will be guaranteed a drawing that fills the entire paper.
Elf Shoes Drawing
Elf Shoe Video Tutorial
When I first tried this draw elf shoes project in a classroom, some students (even 4th and 5th grade) would get stuck in drawing the second symmetrical shoe. I believe it’s because of all the curves, which are in general hard shapes for kids to draw, let alone trying to match a flipped version.
My tutorial takes aim to address that issue by having students break those funky shoes into smaller, symmetrical steps. Instead of drawing one whole shoe and then trying to match all of it, I suggest that they draw matching tops, then matching heels, then matching toes. It’s much easier to get your head around the shapes that way.
If younger students want to try this (say grade 2 and below) my solution is to include a shoe template (page 2 of the download) so teachers can turn this into a tracing and flipping project. It still illustrates the idea of symmetry and lets
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Elf Shoes Coloring Page
Materials for Elf Shoes Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Elf Shoes in 9 easy steps
- Start the shoes with two large V shapes.
- Draw the symmetrical heels.
- Add the matching shoe tops and bottoms.
- Finish with a ball or bell shape.
- Draw the bottom of the elf shirt.
- Add two legs to connect the two shapes.
- Add leg stripes and a snow line in the background.
- Trace the drawing with a marker and color it in.
- Add extra marker color to the sides to make shadows.