Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw an Angel and an Angel Coloring Page. The simple face and hair could be interpreted and embellished many different ways.
Now students that want to learn how to draw an angel, have some help in making one with a very simple and child-like look. The face and hair could easily be altered to look the way they want, and the clothes are all the classic shape of a robe with long sleeves.
And, as with anything that has a lot of white, it’s a great time to practice making shading with some crayons. That super light one that Crayola makes is perfect for this job. You do need to press pretty hard to make it show up, but it’s not possible to make it too dark. AND, it will never smear, like oil pastels do. A match made in heaven!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Angel Coloring Page
Materials to draw an Angel
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for an Angel Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes
Draw an Angel
- Start the face with a large U shape.
- Add two ears and head of hair.
- Draw simple eyes, nose and mouth.
- Add the arms with long sleeves.
- Draw the robe shape and two feet.
- Add two symmetrical wings in back.
- Draw a halo above the head.
- Add some clouds in the background.
- Trace with a marker and color.