Color this easy pagoda drawing with water based markers, brush with water, and you have a lovely “watercolor” painting without ever spilling a drop of paint.
Pagodas are sacred buildings, typically made of many tiers, and found in India and East Asia. Their simple shapes offer good symmetrical drawing practice, and share a very different silhouette than most of our western houses.
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
Easy Pagoda Painting
- Make guidelines. Draw a rectangle.
- Draw one floor with roof above it.
- Draw another floor that is not as wide.
- Draw another floor on top is smaller still.
- Add curved lines to all roof shapes.
- Add vertical lines for posts on each floor.
- Add horizon line, grass and clouds.
- Trace and color with a blue water based marker.
- Lightly brush with wet brush, with just one swipe.