Now all the “Weiner Dog” lovers can learn how to draw a Dachshund, with this step by step tutorial. They have an adorable look that is all their own.
Drawing of Dachshund Dog
If you’re fan of this breed of dog, you certainly can’t use any other dog tutorial to try to draw one. Their eyes need to have an extra tilt to them, their bodies of course are extra long, and their legs are extra short. View the steps below to create the cutest dog possible.
They may be small lap dogs, but make sure you draw them together in the right proportion though, and you have what is most definitely a hot dog dog. And all the bad jokes that go with them.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Dachshund Dog Coloring Page
Materials for a Dachshund Dog Drawing
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tips.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions for a Dachshund Dog Drawing Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Dachshund
- Draw the head.
- Add two ears.
- Add the eyes and nose.
- Draw a body and connect with a neck.
- Draw two legs on one side.
- Draw the two remaining legs.
- Add a tail.
- Draw a background with a house.
- Trace with a marker and color.