Learn how to draw a dragon head with this easy step by step tutorial. The profile view lets you see him in all his spiky beauty.
If drawing the entire body of some cool creature seems a little intimidating, or if you haven’t had a lot of practice, then why not focus on just their head and face?
This dragon has plenty of details to give him a fierce look, without the worry of how to get legs and a long tail to fit in too. Besides, if you ask me, their eyes are some of the most fun to draw, and this one is nice and large because of the close up view. You can even try to leave that little white reflection shape inside, just like the pros do!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Dragon Head Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw a Dragon Head
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Directions for How to Draw a Dragon Head
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Dragon Head
- Fold paper to get lines shown. Draw two curves.
- Continue the top of the head.
- Continue the cheek lines.
- Add the mouth and lips.
- Draw the nose, eye, ear and cheek.
- Draw a long horn.
- Add the inside neck line.
- Finish with spikes.
- Trace with a marker and color.