Learn how to draw the Hulk with this easy step-by-step tutorial. Great muscle drawing practice, that’s for sure!
The Hulk is a fictional superhero appearing in publications by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in the debut issue of The Incredible Hulk in May of 1962.
In his comic book appearances, the character is both the Hulk, a green-skinned, hulking and muscular humanoid possessing a vast degree of physical strength, and his alter ego Dr. Robert Bruce Banner, a physically weak, socially withdrawn, and emotionally reserved physicist. The two exist as independent personalities, and resent each other.
Thanks to some recent movies, the Hulk is more popular than ever. In addition to the pop culture appeal, drawing the Hulk state offers some really great body drawing practice too. Even over-the-top muscles need to be in proportion to each other to still look “real”.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase. Buying the pre-sharpened ones will save busy teachers a lot of time.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Time needed: 35 minutes.
How to Draw the Hulk
- Start the head with a U shape.
- Add some scruffy hair.
- Add ears, eyes and mouth.
- Start the torso as shown.
- Draw arms with lots of muscles.
- Erase lines and draw the shorts.
- Draw the two legs below.
- Add the final details shown.
- Trace with marker and color.