Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Father’s Day Card Idea and a Father’s Day Coloring Page. This one is easy to customize as it’s easy to add anything personal in that uplifted hand.
Father’s Day Card Idea Drawing
The truth is that this Father’s Day Card Idea message was found over on Pinterest, but that is a great place to find them. Sometimes fun projects are simply a merging of a couple of ideas from someone else.
I like that this fun Father’s Day card can focuses on one fun cartoon character, who could stand in for any father figure these days. The body is easy to draw, and the hand is easy to customize with something personal added to it. I’m partial to paint brushes, but it could also be some other kind of tool or object, just something to make this card personal for the person who gets it.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Father’s Day Card Idea Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw a Father’s Day Card Idea
- Draw the pill shape for the body.
- Add the glasses and a smile.
- Two circle eyes and hair spikes.
- Draw the overalls.
- Add the hands and gloves.
- Draw something in the hand to symbolize your dad.
- Add a grass line and the sun.
- Carefully write your Father’s Day message on the card.
- Trace with a marker and color.