Black Artist Mural Bundle
Get your own collection of murals to honor these amazing Black Artists.
- Romare Bearden
- Faith Ringold
- William H. Johnson
- Gees Bend
- Lois Mailou Jones
Here’s a brief description of each artist
• Romare Bearden Mural, (9, 25 and 36-page version), value of $12. Romare Bearden was an African-American artist who worked with many types of media including collage and oil painting. His subject matter encompassed a mix of Harlem, the rural south, jazz, and blues musicians and more.
• Faith Ringgold Mural, (9, 25 and 36-page version), value of $12. Faith Ringgold is an artist best known for her narrative quilts. Tar Beach is one of her most famous, and depicts a young child flying over a New York bridge. This mural comes with some simple body shapes so students can color one to look like themselves and then add it to the finished mural.
• W. H. Johnson Mural (9, 25 and 35-page version) value of $12. William Henry Johnson was an American painter. He became a student at the National Academy of Design in New York City, working with Charles Webster Hawthorne. He later lived and worked in France, where he was exposed to modernism.
• Gee’s Bend Mural, (9, 25 and 36-page version), value of $12. The women of Gee’s Bend — a small, remote, black community in Alabama — have created hundreds of quilt masterpieces dating from the early twentieth century to the present. I created this quilt mural based on the look of one of the quilts, wobbly shapes and all.
• Lois Mailou Jones Mural, (9, 25 and 36-page version) value of $12. Lois Mailou Jones was an prominent artist and the only African-American female painter of the 1930s and 1940s to achieve fame abroad.
How To Buy these Mural templates
• To purchase this bundle as a guest, simply add the item to your cart, use a credit card or PayPal. You’ll be sent a page with download links.
• To buy this template so it may always be downloaded from your own account page, you need to take one extra step. Create an account first, then log in and make your purchase. You will still get an email with a download link, but the file will also be available on your account page when you log in.
• If any files become lost or damaged somehow, please email [email protected] for replacements.