Let the shape of the paper help you make a whale drawing easy for students of all ages. A very long sheet makes a great guide for drawing this very long whale. Simply fold it in half if you want to make it fit in your art journal.
- Easy Way to Draw a Whale Tutorial
- Drawing paper, 6” x 18” (Cut 24” x 18” into four 6” panels)
- Stabilo Markers*
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- PREP: Cut 9″ x 12″ paper in half to make 6″ x 9″ sheets for students.
- Draw the pagoda as shown in the tutorial.
- Trace it with a blue water base marker.
- Fill in the background with the blue marker.
- Brush over the lines lightly with a wet brush. Try to keep the strokes to a minimum so the color doesn’t wash away.
- Wet the background lightly with the brush too.