Let the shape of the paper help you make a whale drawing easy for students of all ages. A very long sheet makes a great guide for drawing this very long whale. Simply fold it in half if you want to make it fit in your art journal.
LIKE THIS ART JOURNAL PROJECT?
For more easy drawing tutorials like this one, please see my “Principles of Design” ebook in my PDF Shop.
It’s a collection of projects with an Principles of Design themes, that are simple and designed to with my Recycled Art Journal system.
- Download the PDF Big Whale Journal Page
- Drawing paper, 6” x 18” (Cut 24” x 18” into four 6” panels)
- Stabilo Markers*
*The above product links is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- PREP: Cut 9″ x 12″ paper in half to make 6″ x 9″ sheets for students.
- Draw the pagoda as shown in the tutorial.
- Trace it with a blue water base marker.
- Fill in the background with the blue marker.
- Brush over the lines lightly with a wet brush. Try to keep the strokes to a minimum so the color doesn’t wash away.
- Wet the background lightly with the brush too.
Submit your review