Building drawings for kids tend to focus on traditional American shapes. I love the facades like these in Amsterdam.
They have very different profiles and details (the tops especially are pretty much a study in symmetry), not to mention water canal surroundings.
This tutorial includes many of these unusual Danish details, without getting too intricate.
If you like this drawing project, there are many more like it in my “Draw World Landmark” ebook found in my PDF Shop. Just click on the link or the photo to learn more.
- View and download Amsterdam Building tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip*
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Draw the buildings in pencil.
- Trace them with a black marker.
- Color the Amsterdam buildings carefully with crayons.