Building drawings for kids tend to focus on traditional American versions. These facades from Amsterdam are so much more interesting to draw, if you ask me.
They have very different profiles and details (the tops especially are pretty much a study in symmetry), not to mention water canal surroundings.
There are more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my DRAW WORLD LANDMARKS ebook in my PDF Shop.
It covers twenty five landmarks from all over the world. Each project includes a finished color sample, full size line drawing, step-by-step tutorial, and a grid paper template.
Just click on the binder or HERE to learn more.
- View and download Amsterdam Building tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker, fine tip*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Draw the buildings in pencil.
- Trace them with a black marker.
- Color the Amsterdam buildings carefully with crayons.