Many children have a natural tendency to draw small, so I like to direct them in simple shapes that must touch the sides of the paper.
I’ve used this drawing with tempera paint, but thought I’d also post a watercolor version that includes colorful crayon lines and patterns.
- Watercolor paper
- Black marker
- Liquid watercolor
Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the face in pencil.
- The face is traced with a black marker.
- Lots of lines and patterns are added with crayons.
- Watercolor paints are used to fill in all the sections of the face. The more colors, the better.