• View and download ATC Line Art Template
1. Print out a sheet for each student, preferably on card stock or good drawing paper.
2. Challenge students to create a detailed world in each. Pencil is good to start, then trace with pen.
3. I use a paper cutter to cut the cards out after students are done. It’s easier to draw on the larger format.
4. Slide all the cards in a trading card sleeve, which you can find online or even at Staples.
NOTE: As much as I love line art, it always seems to bring out the worst with super-speedy kids. They rush and then wonder why their art doesn’t look as interesting as the others. I don’t always have time to do this, but I when I can, I make a sample that shows what fast, and “I’m done!’ looks like, versus lots of lots of concentration.