Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Cherries and a Cherries Coloring Page.
If you like this cherry drawing, it might be because it’s actually using a few of the Elements of Art.
First, the LINES of the stem dip down inside the cherry, as opposed to just attaching at the edge. That alone gives them a dimensional look.
Second, the cherry SHAPES are overlapping each other, which also adds some depth.
Third, analogous COLORS (those that are next to each other on the color wheel) are used on the stem and the cherry to add some extra shadows.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Cherry Coloring Page
Materials for Cherries Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions to Draw Cherries Step by Step
Time needed: 25 minutes
How to Draw Cherries
- Draw the center cherry.
- Add another on the right side.
- Draw another on the left.
- Add a stem to the middle cherry.
- Draw the stem on the right cherry.
- Add a joining stem on the left cherry
- Finish with a large and attached leaf.
- Trace and add the dark red and green.
- Add the pink / red and light green.