• Miniature clay pot, about 2″ tall (Michaels has them)
• Model Magic (leftovers or any brown color)
• Craft paper punch, 3″ circle
• Star paper punch
• Recollections card stock green paper
• Red card stock paper
• Green markers, various shades
• Glue stick
• Craft glue
• Small stick (Michaels has matchsticks)
1. Students fill the pot to the top with Model Magic.
2. Each student gets six circles of their choice of green paper. To make the cactus, they fold each in half and crease. Each half circle is glued in a sandwich fashion, and lastly the two ends are glued together to make a complete fan shape.
3. The cactus lines are drawn on all sides with a marker.
4. Tiny spikes are cut from leftover green paper and glued around the sides with a glue stick.
5. The match stick is placed in the pot, and the cactus slides on top.
6. The flower is made from two red stars and a bit of yellow Model Magic that is glued together with craft glue.
Note: This post contains affiliated links to products that I feel helped make this project successful.