The first art class of the year is often more of an intro to things, but I still like to offer a project that is creative and easy to finish.
My plan is to challenge students to make their own Lego self portrait, which must contain something personal about their life or personality. I worked up this template that provides the basic block shapes of a Lego body, but may be altered for clothing, accessories, etc. The link for the template is included below.
- View and download LEGO Template
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Crayons or Colored Pencils
- Print or copy a template for each student.
- Students turn the lego body into themselves by customizing the clothing, hair and facial features.
- Something else much be added to the hands or background to share a personal interest of theirs.
- All the lines are traced with a black marker.
- The drawing is colored neatly with crayons or colored pencils.