If you are looking for creative popsicle sticks crafts, you’ve come to the right place. Below are nine original craft ideas, created by an art teacher who wanted to do more with this very versatile craft supply.
Popsicle Stick Crate
Popsicle Stick Crafts: A Crate made from Jumbo Sticks
Back in my classroom days, I used to hold after school classes that were craft-themed too. A favorite source for making things, were popsicle sticks.
Regular sized, jumbo, mini … I loved them all for their eco-friendly wooden look and ease in connecting with just some good old craft glue.
It led to some happy summer experimenting to see if I couldn’t come up with more ideas that would help people of all ages enjoy the fun of crafting with these inexpensive little wooden things.
This box was one result, and now it has its own video so you can see in about 2 minutes exactly how to make one. I promise you that the hardest part is waiting for the glue to dry before you try putting things inside. There are just too many possibilities!
Use the Button below to Download this PDF Tutorial
- Jumbo craft sticks*
- Mini craft sticks*
- Utility scissors*
- Craft glue*
- *Amazon affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated in a small amount.
- Cut sticks as shown in tutorial.
- Glue with craft glue, which will dry so much faster and stronger than regular glue.
- Let dry and fill with any number of things, including candy, baked goods, flowers, cactus.
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Popsicle Stick Craft: Mini Stools
- Cut four inside braces. There is a cutting guide on page two of PDF tutorial.
- Glue the braces together.
- Cut two outside legs. Mark the centers.
- Align the braces on legs and glue. Repeat for other side.
- Cut two inside steps.
- Glue inside steps against brace as shown.
- Glue to opposite side as shown.
- Cut two top steps.
- Center and glue to top.
Popsicle Stick Craft: Benches
Popsicle Stick Craft: Table
Popsicle Stick Craft: Recycled Pencil Stars
- 10 used pencils (Ticonderoga brand will get you the pretty yellow color)
- Craft Sticks*
- Craft Glue*
- String (optional)
- *Amazon affiliate links
- Glue 10 sticks together to make a star shape. Let dry until the shape is firm. If you can pick it up and all the joints stay in place, it is good to go.
- Sharpen the 10 pencils a bit so they are all the same length as one of the sticks.
- Glue pencils on the sticks with the eraser ends touching each other. Let the star dry again for several hours.
- Tie a string to hang your star someplace special!