Focus on the head for an easy to draw dragon tutorial. The legs and tail can come after you master that fierce face.
Your dragon may of course be colored however you like, but I recommend that you try filling him in with two values of one main color. It will give you a kind of theme to go with, no matter how many crayons you may or may not happen to have.
- Dragon Head PDF Tutorial (see below)
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker
LIKE THIS DRAGON TUTORIAL?
There are 20 more like it in my “Draw Dinos and Dragons” ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s a collection of 20 step-by-step tutorials that are simple and easy to understand for beginning artists.
After years of drawing with young children, I’ve learned that they still love to draw these creatures, they just need a simpler approach them than most drawing books offer. Just click on the title or book to learn more.
- Print the guidelines on the paper, or fold in half three times to get creases in the right places. It will really help you make a drawing that fills up the paper.
- Follow the 8 steps in the tutorial to draw the dragon.
- Trace the drawing with a black marker.
- Color the dragon in neatly with crayons or pencil crayons.