Focus on the head for an easy to draw dragon tutorial. The legs and tail can come after you master that fierce face.
Your drawing may of course be completed however you like, but I recommend that you try filling him in with two values of whatever color you choose.
That means that you press hard to get a darker color for the top of the head and neck, and then a lighter for the underside. The overall look will automatically blend, just like a pro.
If you like this tutorial, there are 20 more like it in my “Draw Dinos and Dragons” ebook in my PDF Shop.
- Download Dragon Head Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Print the guide lines on the paper, or fold in half three times to get creases in the right places. It will really help you make a drawing that fills up the paper.
- Follow the 8 steps in the tutorial to draw the dragon.
- Trace the drawing with a black marker.
- Color the dragon in neatly with crayons or pencil crayons.