You can make any drawing look extra fancy when you add a banner at the bottom.
It also creates the perfect place for a title. See my video below to learn how to draw one.
- Drawing paper
- Cardboard templates made from poster board: 1″ x 4″ for the banner, and 3″ x 5″ for the center castle
- Black marker
- Students trace the 1″ x 4″ rectangle near the bottom center of the paper. The ribbon is drawn as shown below (with the appropriate title written inside):
2. Students trace the 3″ x 5″ rectangle above the ribbon. A roof is added and an entryway.
3. The rectangle may be used as a small ruler of sorts to add lots of towers around the center. Some common features are that the tops often got wider, some towers were really narrow, and the windows were either small and square or very long and narrow.
4. The drawing is traced with a black marker.
5. The art is colored with crayons. A bright banner color will help to add some interest.